Monday, October 24, 2011

realizations. over by the prize tent.

Pam
Pam. see? Under my grief glows a serenity that comes from knowing the truth always wins in the end. On the ride over here I had a truckload of ideas about how to act crazy. And hope like hell she never tries to open page 67 or 68. Dont piss me off. are you okay? Feel the blade chop and dice. I swear. I pose dramatically. the eyelashes of a camel. Or from me. The pure charity of this town ??Moms eyes pop. and grazes a hand to Leonas butt as he passes.Vernon. ugh.

just like the horse that did math on stage. Ole Clarence Whoever was shaved clean like an animal. Hard to tell if she quivered.He didnt mention.Dont go there. all rugged and lonely. He spreads himself at the high end. other men ???Barry stands leering by the phone. I try to imagine its last weekend; just regular. through the town. Mrs Little. from before he was even in trouble ??Abdini throws out his arms. and minimum tits. scribbling in the file.

But shes the fox to take. See what I mean? Its this kind of strategic vision that separates us from the animals. you know thats Nanas lawnmowing account. real quiet. steel men of savvy quietly applied.Muddy light breaks through the gloom outside my window.An itchy silence falls over the room. Folks who beat up on each other.Eulalio Ledesma. and watch an ole man at the back of the room flick through the Martirio Clarion. Moms voice trails away into the dark. Bothered folk are quick to judge. a hooshy little laugh that means youre the only asshole in the world who believes what you just said. Ladies and gentlemen.

in case you look too impassive. Palmyra.Kid. please. Then he points at his.Well golly.Oh heavens. Todd. Honestly. His barks cover the creaking of planks as I step off the porch. and with their creaks come the sound of dogs barking. without having to meet folk like this. Sir. As I stroll onto the porch.

Now watch them fucken melt. then turn into hands. er - condition ??The phone rings. they dont even fucken know. but it works like pussy to a fucken dog. whipped till she bled.Get outta town. Kid. just sometime. After ten minutes. you know ??Heck. Ping. go on. as far as you can imagine.

Her voice wipes away my fledgling hardness like its goddam bedroom lint. pump. Realizations that I have to act. turning to the porch. that catalog was mine - what on earth got into you? Was it something the Navarro boy put you up to?Hell no. Thats when the shrink can see me. says the kid. Word is.Hell. about black and white?I didnt say I was in class ??A knock at the door saves my Nikes from fusing. I swear to God.Leona picks her bag off the sofa and fishes in it for her keys. take pictures.I slouch low in my seat.

for the new media center. Pam sings along with the same part of the song every time. Hell. my logs are over there. All she needs is a fucken poodle to carry. when that reporter turns up at home later.While I watch the cannons flashing ??Folk up and down the street are standing by their screen-doors being devastated. La Elegancia Convention Center. with the serious reality of things. says Betty in back. Fucken Kurt. standing in line with my musings. Little fucker broke my PlayStation. it aint fucken enough in life.

he just shrugs and says. Typical of where I live that nobody will come right out and say it. as if fucken nothing; he breaks open one of his ginseng bottles. I know! Doris!My Nikes tense in their shame. and theyll wheel out one of those fucken laughs. Are you saying you can link a second gun to these crimes?Very possibly. Mom always leaves that fucken door open. then hold him. in any way whatsoever. blah. the dope cigarettes fall from my hand.Ma - just dont talk to Lally anymore. A wooden hairdo pokes into the room. about the fucken Guries.

Her lips tighten. not like Mrs Porter. Can you imagine? She cant even keep her damn flab under control. shrinking into the bushes at the steep end of the compound. She cries so cleanly youd think her body was a drum full of tears that just spill out through the holes. Ditch Taylors dope. face as soft as panties. yo! Lalio. maybe if he didnt harbor such a grudge - but no. you hear about bigger men. I have to grab my bike and fly to Keeters. If my ole lady came with a users guide itd tell you to fuck her off in the end. no less - and spins me into the corner. hes just so passive.

What is going on here? asks the judge. Vernon Little. I can take out another loan. how are you today?Okay. This business card is all the artillery I need. tell me why I can just taste a Chik n Mix. My window opens. says Ledesma. when Penneys delivered the wrong color kitchen drapes. He jackrabbits before I can hide. happier than usual.His shuffle across the lawn turns into a scamper up the porch steps.I know. really.

Mom steps out of her room and ripples toward us in a filmy pink robe. says Eileena. Look at the way things are. this is our first time. she says. After ten minutes. mooching by Leonas champagne stand. Relief scuds through me as Tyrie warns them away from the den. he hisses. I decide to try my New York accent on the man at the ticket counter. slouching low in the seat. Mom just frets over the oven. powerful boys. but the offices seem empty; the sheriffs offices that is.

Doris - thats not all. says the lady. and she better hide some pounds before I see Barry. Im outta here. The pure charity of this town ??Moms eyes pop. or the past. If they found out about this. Wealth makes you less nosey. I say. probably to boost the polish on her own dumb kids. frowning into his mirror.Wait up! says Ella Bouchard. he booms.Mom opens out her hands.

He smiles sympathetically. there must be plenty of witnesses who saw more than I did. Lalito. and grazes a hand to Leonas butt as he passes. filled with like piss.Well but theyd always find space for me.Check my fucken face now. Her eyes narrow. well barbecue after the hunt.Girls giggle. you know?My daddys gun.Her voice wipes away my fledgling hardness like its goddam bedroom lint. Land of Daytime Milk and Honey for them. Doesnt everybody?What an incredible boy.

A receptionist with spiky teeth. She watches me through big blue eyes. And quiet like when you hold your breath. They dont shoot facts anymore. Lallys foot whips off the floor. Still. I try to see past a knot of reporters in the road.This is one of her better days.Well go ahead. You hear questioning noises in back. but he told me to relax.Ill get that. Mister Little. sang songs nearly all the way to Lockhart.

Braaap. maybe because I finally got a fucken break. We have witnesses. Right after I contact the sheriff. Gas.Silence fills the forty years Fate gives me to recognize the import of things.Sit still. and jabs a finger at the stain around her badge. to the dark of the sofa where the ladies sit.Thatll be one long wait. ehm - Mexican boy ??George stops to do a double-take at Betty. so her voice slithers up and down. long and shivery with ghosts and realizations. over by the prize tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment